A tactical backpack is much different than a backpack that a person would grab and take with them to school. In fact, a tactical backpack, or military backpack, has multiple features that are quite different than any other backpack. These backpacks have something added to them to keep them protected from the weather, loops to attach things to the outside, a place to add a hydration bladder, and it should be large enough to fit the basic necessities of life. That might sound easy enough, but in truth, there are not many packs out there that feature all those items, let alone are made from quality materials that will last in even the most extreme conditions.
- Tactical RUSH72 Backpack
- CVLIFE Outdoor Tactical Backpack Military Rucksacks
- Mil-Tec Military Army Patrol Molle Backpack
- Tactical RUSH24 Backpack
- P.S. Tactical Range Backpack
- Direct Action Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack
- Z ZTDM 40L/50L Outdoor Tactical Molle Backpack
- WIDEWAY Military Tactical Backpack
- 45L Large Military Tactical MOLLE Backpack
- Vbiger 35L Military Tactical Backpack
Tactical RUSH72 Backpack
This tactical backpack is made from high strength and water repellent nylon and features a dual zippered main and front compartment. There is also a smaller pocket for maps, pens, and other documents. The foam shoulder straps, cinching waist strap, and compression straps aid in comfort. There is space for enough items that a person can be out for 72 hours and have enough gear with them.
- Multiple pockets
- Foam shoulder straps, cinching waist strap, compression straps
- 72-hour capacity for items
- Durable and waterproof nylon
- Straps can break if tightened too much
CVLIFE Outdoor Tactical Backpack Military Rucksacks
This durable military backpack is made from waterproof nylon material and it has two spacious compartments with two small pockets inside and two front pockets. There is a one-and-a-half-inch waist belt and a one-inch sternum strap plus padded and adjustable shoulder straps. The back is also padded to ensure comfort when wearing.
- Multiple straps to keep pack secure
- Extra padding
- Waterproof nylon
- No frame
Mil-Tec Military Army Patrol Molle Backpack
The material on this tactical backpack is polyester and it is PVC coated. It has two main compartments and two front pockets. Inside the two main compartments, there are various zip and mesh inner pockets for storing smaller items. A built-in Velcro pocket is the perfect spot for a hydro-pack. There are numerous MOLLE attachment points plus loops and d-rings on shoulder straps.
- Multiple compartments and pockets
- Place for hydro pack
- Attachment points plus loops and d-rings
- While waterproof, shouldn’t be left out in heavy rain for extended periods of time
Tactical RUSH24 Backpack
This tactical backpack has been made with a durable nylon and coated with a water repellent coating. It has a reinforced grab and go handle, hydration pocket, zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket, two compression straps, and a shoulder strap system. There is a main storage area, plus dual zipper side pockets, a stuff it pocket, three mesh pockets, a side water bottle pocket that zips, and a hook and loop area.
- Water repellent coating on nylon material
- Multiple compartments with numerous smaller pockets
- Space for hydro pack and water bottle
- Compression straps
- Reinforced grab and go handle
- Dedicated place for eyewear
- No waist straps
P.S. Tactical Range Backpack
This military backpack has an internal frame that keeps the back rigid as well as quality, heavy duty fabric. Every stitch has been tripled stitched, so that it will not tear or rip with use. The padded waist strap ensures that there is load stability when worn. The outside has four zippered compartments for holding items.
- Internal frame helps bag keep its shape and keeps things in place
- Four zippered pockets on outside
- Padded waist straps
- Not too bulky
- Zippers difficult to maneuver
Direct Action Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack
This tactical backpack was originally designed specifically for military and law enforcement officers. It is made from 100% Cordura fabric and then coated with a water-resistant material. This material is durable and will last for years. This pack is lightweight and quite versatile and can hold two days’ worth of items. The patented combat vent system ensures that the user is comfortable if they need to wear if for longer periods of time. It is also snag free and will not absorb water if someone needs to wear it in the rain.
- Elastic on side pockets for more space
- Patented combat vent system
- Designed for military and law enforcement officials
- Water resistant and durable fabric
- Snag free
- Will not absorb water
- Plastic buckles can break easily
Z ZTDM 40L/50L Outdoor Tactical Molle Backpack
This could be one of the best tactical backpacks made as it is made from sturdy oxford fabric and is waterproof. It is quite sturdy and strong, and the main compartment has a specialty layer of stitching that includes a layer of waterproof cloth. That cloth prevents everything inside from getting wet. The waist and shoulder straps are adjustable, so no one will need to worry about the pack fitting improperly. The straps are also soft and comfortable. The entire MOLLE system of the back has been attached so that a person can attach other items to the pack when it is being worn. This large bag can hold enough stuff that a person can be out and away from home for three days at a time.
- Large capacity
- Soft and adjustable straps
- Sturdy fabric
- While there is a spot for a hydro pack, there is no spot for the straw to come out of the bag
WIDEWAY Military Tactical Backpack
This tactical backpack has been made using highly durable polyester material with double stitching, plus utility style cord pulls. There are four compartments with an outer pouch, zipper pockets, internal dividers, and a padded back panel. This pack can hold quite a bit and it is water resistant. The shoulder, waist, and sternum straps are all adjustable, which aids in a person’s comfort level when wearing this military backpack. The MOLLE system allows people to attach any other type of bag or gear easily.
- MOLLE system that makes attaching other items easy
- Large capacity
- Multiple compartments
- Adjustable straps
- Durable polyester material that is water resistant
- No internal frame
45L Large Military Tactical MOLLE Backpack
This tactical backpack has been made from heavy duty waterproof material that will last for a long time. There are five different compartments plus multiple interior pockets that make it easy to stay organized. The paracord zipper pulls make it easy to open each part of this pack without making a sound. Included with this pack is a 2.5-liter BPA free water bladder. This will easily fit in the pack to help everyone stay hydrated when they are out using this pack, no matter where they are.
- A free bladder pack with purchase
- Heavy duty waterproof material
- Five different compartments plus interior pockets
- Paracord zipper pulls that open soundlessly
- Breathable mesh on back
- No frame
Vbiger 35L Military Tactical Backpack
Oxford fabric that is tear and abrasion resistant is what makes this tactical backpack so durable. It has a large capacity with multiple exterior pockets, interior pouches, and ergonomic design. The thick shoulder straps make it easy and comfortable to carry.
- Ergonomic design
- Oxford fabric is durable and tear and abrasion resistant
- Numerous exterior pockets and interior pockets
- Thick shoulder straps offer the ultimate in comfort
- There isn’t one main large interior pocket for larger items
We enjoyed testing out numerous backpacks for these tactical backpack reviews, and couldn’t believe how unique each tactical backpack was. They all have features that others do not have, yet they are still the same. The goal of all these packs is to offer a person a way to carry multiple items safely for long periods of time, and they all do that. However, depending on a person’s needs or wants, they may prefer one military backpack over another. Everyone will want to check out the pros and cons for themselves and see which one will work best for them. We know that it is possible to find the perfect tactical backpack, it just takes a little bit of time and effort. However, once a person finds the one that they need, they should be able to use it for quite some time.